Automatic transmission fluid.
In automatic transmissions of most passenger cars, busses, off-highway/construction and military equipment as well as in selected manual transmissions.
Also suitable as power steering fluid and as hydraulic fluid.
Q8 Auto 16 may be used as automatic/manual transmission fluid or power steering fluid when one or more of the following specifications are used to describe the required lubricant quality:
- Ford ESW-M2C33-F (automatic transmissions until 1981, power steering)
- Ford ESP-M2C33-G (automatic transmissions until 1981, power steering)
- Ford SQM-2C9007-AA (C3 automatic transmissions until 1981)
- John Deere JDM J21A (hydrostatic drives, obsolete 1992)
- Volvo 97301 (gear housing in outboard motors)
- Volvo 97330 (power steering, Ainsin Warner automatic transmissions)